Thoughts that make me go hmmmm....

“YOU know you love your children. Make sure THEY know it too.”

—President Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The "Destroying Angel" has arrived

We are days away from having a 2 year old in the house again and to say that he is coming with a vengeance is a ginormous understatement. Just to give you a glimpse into my morning with Colton let me tell you what he finds amusing. I first found him naked jumping up and down on my bed after he had taken off his pj's and diaper AND all the pillows and blankets and sheets and thrown them on the floor. Oh, he is so cute I thought. I swept him into my arms with a big kiss and told him to go grab some clothes for the day as I picked up the bedding mess. As I was heading down to his room I hear a big thump and turned the corner just in time to see that he has pulled his top dresser drawer completely out of the dresser and is thrashing around in his shirts which are now covering 1/2 his room. He successfully unfolded EVERY shirt that was previously tucked away. Well, I did ask him to go get some clothes. I sigh, put his shirt on and tweek his bunners as I tell him to go find something to play with while I refold his 10,000 shirts. About 5 minutes later I walk out of his room to see that he has indeed found something to play with.... He has gotten into our puzzle cupboard and likes the sound the boxes make when you shake them with all your might and then let the pieces go flying through the air. He literally dumped out 15 boxes of puzzles! Let's do some quick math here...15 boxes at 100 pieces a box...that equals 15 kagillion puzzle pieces! All mixed together in a giant puzzle explosion! I debated whether to have a puzzle party for the day to get all the right pieces back to their proper boxes but instead grabbed a paper bag and sang the clean up song while Colton and I dumped all 15 kagillion pieces into the bag. I then put the bag on the counter and walked away. I thanked Colton for helping me "clean up" and suggested that he go downstairs and eat the bag of fishy crackers I had previously opened for him. He scurried off and I folded a quick load of laundry before heading downstairs too. As I approach the kitchen table I hear "crunch, giggle giggle, crunch, giggle giggle." What is that noise? That would be Colton. Instead of eating his crackers he thinks it is hilarious to smash the crackers with his little thumb and forefinger, then throw them on the floor and step on them for one last little crunch. I think he got through 3/4 the bag before I rained on his parade. I ask him what he is doing and he looks at me with those big beautiful eyes, tilts his head to the side and shrugs, all the while grinning from ear to ear. "Will you help me clean it up, please?" I ask. His response, "NO WAY!" He then giggles some more and runs away. It's only 9:30 am! I plopped down at a kitchen chair and realize there is not enough chocolate in the house today.

So, onto other news...LOGAN TURNED 5 last week! He had a fun superhero birthday party where we took his friends and their bikes to a local skate park and let them show off all their cool 5-year-old moves! He has some great little buddies and we had a good time. Let me tell you 5 things I love about Logan!
#1 His smile!
#2 His humor and comedic sense of timing!
#3 His tender heart and awareness of others.
#4 His non-stop sometimes silly but often very thought provoking questions.
#5 That he still lets me snuggle and kiss all over him!
We sure love our LOGAN!!

And for a final note...we are MOVING AGAIN! This will be the shortest move ever...we are moving about .6 miles from where we are now. Our rental agreement is up in April and we have LOVED this area so we found a house to buy and will be closing on it April 30. We will still have a pool and lots of room for company so make your reservations now at hotel Worthington! We'll let you room with Colton. :)

4 comments:

Lambeth Family said...

My gosh, can you share some of that patience that you have with me? I could use it. Sure wish it would have been my ward you were moving in :( I'm sure you will enjoy your new home. CONGRATS!!

Jessica Brunette said...

I can't believe he's already going to be two! He's such a cutie - I might steal him! :) I love your narration Allison. Good luck with the new home.

Keith and Allie said...

Happy Birthday Logan! We sure love having you in our Primary class! You are such a smartie! We will miss you when you move and I'm wondering who will answer all the questions now!?!

Colton it's a good thing you're so cute and your mom is so patient! You might not make it to 3 if you lived at my house! :)

We will MISS having your family in our ward! You aren't to far though so no excuses about coming walking! See you next week!

Marna said...

So, have you learned your lesson? Don't send Colton into another room to perform a task, or you will have a cleanup job on your hands! :) Never a dull moment in parenting a toddler, is there?