Thoughts that make me go hmmmm....

“YOU know you love your children. Make sure THEY know it too.”

—President Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Birthday and more


Hello everyone!

Since Tim did not have time to update this week, I am going to "have a go at it" as they say in England.

First, Happy Father's Day to our most awesome daddy and husband, Tim. He is one hard working, fun lovin', wonderful man. We love you so much Tim!!

I turned 35 last week. It sounds so middle age. Those of you who have already passed 35 are laughing and thinking oh no it doesn't. Those of you who have yet to reach 35 are laughing and thinking, oh yes it does. In any case, I am not sure how I feel about turning 35. On the one hand it is just a number, on the other hand it represents years of growing up. I think I am still 29 at heart. The kiddos see to it that I stay young...see attached pic.

Just by way of an update, we will not be moving back to the states quite as soon as we (meaning Allison) had hoped for. Our plans to return in late July have not worked out. (Insert Allison sobbing here) We will not be moving back until Nov/Dec-ish. Tim's plans remain the same as far as him being gone from Aug thru Oct. We hope that once he gets back we will wrap up business here and be on our way back home. As always, if things change (which they probably will) we will let you know.

We have had a crazy/fun couple of weeks...I got to go to the zoo with Logan and his preschool. It was, of course, raining the entire day, but we didn't let that deter us. (Though I kept shaking my head and telling myself I was silly for being outside in the rain when even the animals had enough sense to stay inside their houses.) The village had their annual carnival which included a parade where the kids got to dress up and ride on the floats. Kennedy and Tyler were on the "Sports" float. Kennedy was an Olympic swimmer and Tyler was, no surprise, David Beckham. Logan was on the "Zoo" float and was a ducky. Grampy would have been so proud. I would have taken some pics but sadly our car got broken into the night before and the theives stole my camera that was in the bottom of the diaper bag. Lesson learned the hard way--don't leave valuables in your car.

Enjoy the pic. We'll upload more when our new camera arrives.

We love and miss you!
Allison and crew

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

35? I was still telling people that you were turning 29! You can always revert back to my silly age of 23 AL! You always seem to do that well when you're with me!

clarkyw said...

Allison, you always write the best messages/notes. 35, I told someone you were just. Maybe I was hoping I was younger. The ducky picture will be missed. We do hope the next couple of months go by VERY quick and you and your terrific family move back. You do need to do the posting once a month.
Love g and g