The sound you should be hearing is a record skipping backwards in time. Or you should have just gone 88 MPH in your Dalorean from Back to the Future and arrived in a time about 6 weeks ago. Now that you are 6 weeks younger, smarter, more attractive, less grey hair, more fit with bigger muscles and a smaller waist (Ok, 6 weeks was not that long ago) just think of what we were telling you. We are having another child? No, that is not it and definitely NOT TRUE!. We were buying a new car? Nope, not that either. A new house? Nope, not yet. Keep guessing. Ok, we will just tell you. We were going to be moving to Vegas sometime this November. Remember how excited you all were about that. Closer to family in the warm sunny west. Yeah, now you remember. I sure do. That was such a wonderful time 6 weeks ago. Now that we are back 6 weeks ago that conversation has not yet happened. So you don't know what we are doing yet. I now have a chance to change the future just as Michael J Fox did in those great movies. I can save you from being shot by the Libyans or from getting soooo excited about us being in Vegas later this year. Why, you ask? Listen closely because the future is about to be changed forever. Dun, Dun, DUUUUN! That is the music from Phantom of the Opera. Use your imagination and play along. Newly changed conversation from 6 weeks ago:
Tim and Allison: "Hello family, we have some great news for you all. We have a new assignment for us in the Air Force. We are so excited and you will be too. It is exactly what we wanted and can't wait. Where is the one place you all wanted us to go so you come visit us sometime?"
Family: "Hawaii?"
Tim and Allison: "Nope."
Family: "Alaska?"
Tim and Allison: "Nope."
Family: "South America, Africa, Australia, Russia, Canada?"
Tim and Allison: "Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, and Nope." (Getting Tired of this? We bet some of you have cheated and already scrolled down to the bottom to see the answer. Cheater.)
Family: "Las Vegas?"
Tim and Allison: "YES, YES, we are coming to Las Vegas." (Now you all are totally confused because you thought we would say somewhere different didn't you since we went back in time to erase your memory and insert a new one. Instead of going back in time with a Delorean it would have been a lot easier to use the "Flashy Thingy" from Men in Black with Will Smith.)
Family: "Las Vegas, that is great, when are you coming?"
Tim and Allison: "We will be there......(Dun, Dun, DUUUUN, same Phantom music from above)....in OCTOBER."
Family: "Yeah, Yeah."
Ok, so that was an enormous amount of writing (kind of like some of the emails that we get forwarded to read that are 25 pages long to get to the punch line. Sorry I don't read those. If it is more than a few lines, I lose interest. If it has a picture and no reading is required, even better) to simply tell you that we are moving a month earlier to Vegas. Well the jist of it all is that we are actually moving on the 12th of September now. Yes, you read that right. You now ask why it will take so long to get to Vegas if we are leaving in September. Well, we are traveling by BOAT over the open waters. Through the Panama Canal and around to Los Angeles. It is a way for the military to save money for the war effort. Ok, not really, but we are going through Alabama for 5 weeks for a school course that I have to attend on how to be the president of the united states. Be ready for that blog post in the future. Will you vote for me?
So tons of info and hopefully laughed, cried and maybe even wet your pants. You are back to the real date and time and here is the bottom line (see, if you just go to the bottom first you would have gotten straight to the answer and would never had to read the other ridiculous stuff):
I, Tim, am going to Las Vegas starting 5 August for 2 weeks. I will be back in England around the 25th of August. We pack our house out the first week of September. We move into the base lodging the second week. We FLY out to Alabama on or near the 12th of September. We will be in Alabama as a FAMILY for 5 weeks. We will fly to Las Vegas around the 27th of October. We went from having to be away from the family for 2.5 months this summer to now only 2 weeks. Great news for us and we are excited. We just found out this past Thursday. It is a bit nerve racking right now but we are happy for the outcome. I may have flown my last flights in England for a long time. At least I got to go do low flying (500 feet, 500+MPH) over Scotland and see Loch Ness, the Castles and many other things this past week a couple of times. The most beautiful country I have ever seen. For all of you Harry Potter fans, I was able to blow up the Harry Potter bridge in Scotland this week as well. Ok, simulated, but it was awesome to see from 500 feet away as we flew over it dropping simulated bombs.
So that is the news. We are still coming to Vegas and in reality, not much earlier than planned but getting out of our house much earlier. Hope you all are excited as well. We will see you all soon and we will keep you posted. Check back often. We have some new pictures arriving soon from a family photo session we had and we will have more updates on the move.
See you in Vegas! Love, Us
4 comments:
TERRIFIC NEWS! Really happy for all of you to be back in th U.S. You'll be closer (Target Stores), be warm (WalMart), swimming pool (Mall shopping) and together quicker. Happy to hear the news.
Love g&g
How can you actually see Loch Ness or castles going 500 MILES PER HOUR???? I guess they train you for that sort of thing.
Safe travels.
Marna
For a moment I really thought you would be moving somewhere else. I was going to be sad. I'm so glad it's still Vegas. Can't wait to see you guys.
Love ya,
Jamie
I just wanted to stop by and let you all know that I saw your family photos on Tara Lohse's photoblog and I just loved them! You have a beautiful family-and gorgeous children!
Congrat's on the move as well!!
Maureen Dougherty
Post a Comment