.jpg)
Allison's two cents: I give ALL the credit to my darling hubby for getting this blog up and running and keeping it up-to-date for the last year. He is soooo much better at staying on top of it than I am and I always love to read his perspective on the events of our life. They tend to be MUCH shorter and to the point than my ramblings would be. However, I have wanted to put a little personal touch of my own on our blog and try to be more faithful in posting a few of my own thoughts every once in a while. So, I decided to "girlie up" the look of our blog page and give you MY version of our awesome Vegas summer. (I will try to keep it short.)
June was great and we had a house full of company literally every single day of the month. We loved it! And it was a fabulous way to kick off the summer. July was full of mini trips, starting with a fun 4th of July family reunion with my family in St. George at this amazing rental home complete with a theater room, pool, hot tub, outside BBQ, fire pit, and this huge outside TV! It was so cool! August came and went waaaay too quickly but we did manage to squeeze in a trip up to Utah to visit my family for about 10 days. We jumped from my brother's to my dad's to my mom's to Annalee's and back to brother's again depending on who would let us rest our weary heads at their place that night. The kids and I had a really fun week while Tim was, as usual, working hard. It turned out that he was on a work TDY up in Idaho at the same time we were in UT and instead of flying back to Vegas, he flew into SLC and drove home with all of us...what a total sweetie I have! I love that he is so thoughtful and caring that way.
School started on Aug. 24 and the kids both have great teachers and quickly made new friends in their classes. Kennedy is in 5th grade this year...what the ?!?!?!?! That freaks me out a little. Tyler is in 3rd grade. Logan also started preschool this week and has 3 of his very best buddies in his class. He is at such a fun age and whenever he gets with his friends they just laugh and giggle at EVERYTHING.
The very best part of summer ending was that Tyler got baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on Sept. 5. My mom, sister, and my Dad and Cynthia were all able to come down for Tyler's special day. Tim baptized him and my dad confirmed him. I was praying for something huge to happen that day...and honestly I think something did happen...I looked over during church this week and saw Tyler reading his scriptures during Sacrament meeting, then last night he told me that he wanted to stay up a few minutes late so that he could read his scriptures some more!! I could almost picture him as a missionary sitting on his bed reading in a far away land.... I could claim alien abduction but I am going to stick with the theory that little, high energy, always teasing, intense boys really do grow up at some point. It's those little glimpses that keep me going on the days that I wonder if he will ever live to see 19. Anyhow, I am so proud of Tyler and the awesome kid that he is. Above is a picture we took of him right after his baptism...even though I cut off the top of his head I LOVE the shining eyes and true look of happiness on his cute little face. Love you Tyler!
9 comments:
Allison, I like the new girlie look. Nothing wrong with the old look, but isn't it nice to freshen things up?
a very cute update to your blog!...Allison, i love the part about how Kennedy slammed your hubby...he he he...to be a fly on a wall...no offense Tim, but it was very funny!
Love the new look and reminds me that I need to spend some time on mine! We really miss you guys!!! Tyler looks so grown up.
Love the girlie touches. :) No offense Tim. Love the short posts. :) No offense Allison.
Glad to have another blog to follow. Good times.
Love the "Note Worthy's" My personal favorite is #2
Allison, great job on the update and yes you do write longer blogs. Thanks for all the updates on life in Las Vegas. We hear a lot of them when we talk to you or Tim, but it's really nice to read them also. It's like being there with all of you. Great pictures.
Love grampy
What a handsome guy you are Tyler! Congratulations on your baptism buddy!
Allison,
Wow! You guys look so happy and good. Your kids are so grown up from the last time we saw you. We are close enough that we really should plan a get together! You almost inspire me to update our blog . . . almost! I will check yours out more often!
Desiree.
Love your update!! And the girlie look. Hopefully now with both of us blogging, we can keep better tabs on each other.
xoxo
Post a Comment