Thoughts that make me go hmmmm....

“YOU know you love your children. Make sure THEY know it too.”

—President Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What's your favorite Mastercard commercial?



I'm sure that everyone has a favorite Mastercard "priceless" commercial, well, I have one of my own now.

Road trip snacks: $10.
St. George potty break stop at Chevron: $35.
Beaver UT Burger King dinner: $413!
Knowing that with the brand new tires you just bought you will safely make it to Grandma's house before midnight: priceless.

What we thought was going to be a quick stop in Beaver for dinner turned out to be an hour and a half long stop because of bad front tires. We got new ones and were off for our weekend adventure. We had a whirlwind of a weekend up in UT and had a fabulous time with ALL 5 of my siblings! Richard was up from Texas so we made it a party weekend. Saturday morning we decided to capture the moment with some family pictures up Mueller Park Canyon. Gorgeous fall scenery and at least 3 kids that didn't want anything to do with looking happy. Since when did it become so hard for everyone to look at the camera and smile all that the same time? I can't believe that we are up to 12 neices and nephews...and counting! After that fun in the cold and the sun, we celebrated my mom's 60th Birthday at a small luncheon with her close family and friends. Happy Birthday Mom! Saturday evening we had dinner with my dad and the kids had fun roasting marshmellows over his new fire pit. I am not sure who was enjoying the marshmellow roasting more...the kids or the horses over the fence that got to eat all the roasted marshmellows. It seemed like after the first smore the kids just wanted to see the marshmellows burn. They would catch them on fire and then happily toss them over the fence and reach for another one. I figure it was cheap entertainment for over an hour and a good lesson for Colton on the meaning of the word "HOT"! Sunday morning we were able to attend the baby blessing for my adorable neice, Avery. Then after a quick brunch at my brother's house we were on the road again, heading back to Vegas. Of course the kids HAD to stop at my sister's house to play with her "babies"...Norman, a hyper active Doxen, and Gretel, an 8 week old Mastif who already weighs more than Colton does! They make quite a pair. I don't know why I allow myself to go through that kind of torture because all I heard for the next week was "When can we get a dog?" My response is always the same, "When you are old enough to take care of it...or in other words, pick up it's poo poo." The kids all think that time has arrived, I am not so sure. I plan to hold out for as long as I can. :) In any case, we love visiting family and are so happy to be close enough that we now can!
So Wed. rolled around and with Tim off work and the kids out of school we hooked up with some awesome friends from church and headed out to the sand dunes with our 3 motorcycles and about 6 quads. It was a BLAST! We rode ALL day and even had Kennedy (who has been timid about riding since her Travis Pastrana accident last year) begging for more. I'm thinking Santa's sleigh better be big enough to hold the quad I am going to be asking for! Tim just laughs at me but it was a really fun day for all of us.
Saturday, after soccer games, Tim took the older kids out to Aviation Nation, the annual Nellis AFB air show. Though Kennedy and Tyler have seen tons of aircraft, we realized that Logan has never seen Tim's jet or been to an air show. He was SOOOO excited to go. He came home and gave me a 45 minute play by play of the cool jets he saw and what they did and how fast they flew. Sometimes I forget how cool it all really is. I married my Maverick and that makes me want to throw my arms up in the air and yell "TOP GUN!"
I hope everyone is enjoying their Thanksgiving season as much as we are!

3 comments:

The Kelly's said...

What fun stuff. Your trip sounded almost exactly like ours. maybe I'll copy and paste from your blog. :)

Keith and Allie said...

You have such beautiful children! It sounds like a fun & busy week. You gotta love family and all those awesome road trips to Utah. I'm sure you are creating some fond memories. We missed you tonight at walking! Can't wait for New Moon!

Anonymous said...

I love my sister and her AMAZINGLY CAAAA-UUUTE family! That is all I have to say! It was so great to see you! As always!